Visitor Fact Sheet St. Catherine of Siena Nursing & Rehabilitation Care Center
Guidelines for Visitation as Per NYS Department of Health
As per a recent Health Advisory regarding Visitation for Nursing Homes from the New York State Department of Health the following guidance must be adhered to during the COVID-19 State Public Health Emergency.
- Visitation at this time will only be permitted by appointment, during specified visitation hours and be limited to outside areas of the facility (The number of visitors permitted at any given time may not exceed 10% of the facility’s current census and is restricted to two visitors per resident)
- a. Lower Level Patio
- b. 9:30AM – 11:30AM, 2:45PM – 4:45PM, Monday - Friday (By appointment) for increments of 45 minutes.
- Visitors must present proof of a negative COVID test that was obtained within 7 days of the scheduled visit (Effective September 24, 2020)
- All visitors must wear an appropriate facemask or facial covering at all times when on facility premises. Visitors are encouraged to arrive with their own facemasks. The resident you are visiting will also be required to wear a facemask or facial covering.
- Social distancing (6 feet) must be maintained at all times during your visit. No physical contact will be permitted at any time (no hugging, kissing, holding hands, etc.)
- Please sanitize your hands with facility provided hand sanitizer before your visit begins and upon conclusion of your visit.
- The NYS Department of Health requires we obtain specific information for tracing and contact purposes and perform a COVID-19 screen prior to your visit. If you do not pass the screening questionnaire, you will not be permitted to visit. Information required:
- First and Last name of each visitor
- Physical (street) address of the visitor
- Daytime and evening telephone number
- Date and time of visit
- Email address, if available
- Screening process (questionnaire and temperature)
- Verification of negative COVID test obtained within 7 days of each visit
- Residents who are positive for COVID-19, have COVID-19 symptoms, and residents on a 14 day quarantine or observation period will not be permitted visitation
- Staff will be monitoring the visitation area during your visit to ensure compliance with guidelines. Any person who fails to adhere to the protocol will be asked to leave and will be prohibited from visiting for the duration of the COVID-19 State Declared Public Health Emergency.
- No food or beverages will be permitted during visitation at this time. Exchange of personal items will not be permitted during your visit. If you have items to be delivered to your loved one, please bring items to the front vestibule and the items will be delivered for you as per current protocol.
- Upon conclusion of your visit, the visitation area will be cleaned and disinfected with an EPA-approved disinfectant.
Note: Visitation may be suspended or paused for a period of 14 days should the facility have a new onset of COVID-19 cases identified among residents or staff. In the event the facility cannot meet the requirements cited by the NYS Department of Health, visitation may also be suspended or paused.